Do you want to use your skills to help us conserve endangered species around the world? Here you’ll find all of our current volunteer opportunities.
We’re looking for driven and passionate individuals from all walks of life, so if you think you can help out but none of our current positions suit your skills set, please get in touch.
Social media volunteer – Know your way around Facebook, Twitter and the likes? We’re looking for a volunteer to help us expand our social media reach.
- Promote www.carnivores.org and prepare social media content for S.P.E.C.I.E.S. accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Identify, grow and engage like-minded conservation communities of influencers, donors, partners and peers through targeted messaging;
- Generate and share appropriate content related to S.P.E.C.I.E.S. social media platforms to increase S.P.E.C.I.E.S. profile among the media, international organizations, policy makers and the general public;
- Be responsible for curating S.P.E.C.I.E.S. social media conversations; promote on social media the organization’s new reports, press releases, news, online advocacy and awareness-raising campaign.
Education, skills and experience
- Degree (or pursuing a degree )in communications, journalism, conservation science or biology;
- Social media savvy;
- Ease with Photoshop, InDesign, and infographics tools a definite plus.
- Mother-tongue English preferred;
- Able to write accurately, convincingly, briefly and quickly to tight deadlines;
- A demonstrated passion for conservation.
As part of S.P.E.C.I.E.S. international team you will work with the Executive Director and Director of Communications. You will be responsible for managing your own time and working unsupervised.
Please send your CV, cover letter and a short (no more than 500 words) original description of a species of your choice to email@example.com. This position is remote and unpaid.